Wednesday 9 September 2020

Expenses - July 2020

 

Total - S$8,100.83

A massive expenses month in July 2020, where total expenses amounted to S$8,100.83.

Largest category was "Motorcycle". Spent S$5,476.60 there. I reckon I should do a separate post on this, but the bottom line is I traded in my old bike for a less old scooter with higher engine capacity and extended my COE expiry date by 6 years. 

Second largest category was "Eating Out" at S$1,306.60. First real month of being able to head out to restaurants and boy did we have some good meals out. Some more memorable ones that came to mind was Burnt Ends, Lino and Wildfire Chicken and Burgers.  

Lino is a new casual dining concept by the Les Amis group - I guess faster asset (table) turnovers and higher margins compared to fine dining makes for an increased desirability to branch into this market segment. Bottom line is that the pizzas are great and they have some good promotions going on there. For Burnt Ends, I think it's overpriced, but was an experience anyhow. Wildfire Chicken and Burgers - hot damn this is the shit - muchas satisfaction for BOTH tastebuds and wallet. 

Third largest category was shockingly "Alcohol"  at S$504.45. Bit too high there, but I guess some wine and whisky purchases and mortini happy hours do add up unknowingly. I think this should taper down drastically over the next few months but let's see. 

July expenses came up to 202.5% of my monthly budgeted amount of S$4,000. A substantive part of it was a one time "capital expenditure" for my motorcycle, and removing that brings it within boundaries. However, even if I include that (which I should given it's actual cash spend), I'm still tracking comfortably below my budget. 

I've got total spending numbers out for my entire 2nd year post F.I.R.E (running till end August 2020). I'll find some time to post about that and thoughts on my 2nd year post F.I.R.E soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment