Sunday 17 June 2018

Random thoughts on gratitude

Sometimes I just need to remind myself of what a lucky guy I am, that there's so many things to be grateful for in my life. The past 5 days have indeed been a huge wake up call to show more appreciation to what I have, instead of constantly desiring for even more. 

Here's a song / poem I've had the chance to come across over the last 5 Days. 

"In gratitude, you have watered the seeds of love in me in gratitude, 
In gratitude, I will water seeds of love in someone too.
I know you're there for me, and I am so happy. 

In gratitude, you have watered seeds of love in me in gratitude, 
In gratitude, I will water the seeds of love in someone too.
and when you suffer some, just call and I will come" 

- Plum Village 

There's so much to be grateful for in my life, and if I could list down perhaps the first 13 things that come to my mind at this point in time... 
  1. I've got a great team and boss at work who have been nothing but short of supportive in what I do
  2. Despite 1, I still be leaving my job behind in just a few months time
  3. I'm financially independent before 33 years of age 
  4. I've a totally blank canvas to paint whatever I want to paint in few months time
  5. I've had a chance to experience the Dhamma and receive proper teaching 
  6. I've in good health and decent shape 
  7. I've got great parents who raised my siblings and I in a loving environment
  8. I've got a great pair of siblings who are really supportive and provide great company 
  9. I've got a great set of friends who are multi faceted, supportive and are always there for me 
  10. I've discovered and am building a meditation practice 
  11. I've discovered the practice of yoga and am diligently developing my yoga practice 
  12. Even though I don't ride that often these days, I still own and have had a chance to ride a motorcycle - that's an exhilarating feeling!
  13. Many more... 
I go to bed tonight with much content, gratitude and a heart bursting full of you; and I invite you, my dear reader, to perhaps set aside a few seconds to think of what you could be grateful for, at this very present moment when you are reading this. 

If nothing comes to mind, perhaps you could enjoy these two meditative melodic trance songs that have been in my favourites list for the longest time. Have a great week ahead! 

Kaskade (feat. Mindy Gledhill) - Eyes 



Oceanlab - Lonely Girl (Gareth Emery Remix)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment