Friday 5 October 2018

Expenses - September 2018

Total - S$2,650.53

First ever expenses post even though I've been monitoring expenses since mid 2015. I reckon it's mostly motivated by my new found situation and to see if I can maintain my personal budget of less than S$4,000 monthly as I wade into the post F.I.R.E lifestyle.  


Total expenses tallied at S$2,650.53 and have been split into various categories. I use cash accounting for my own standards, albeit taking credit card payments as "cash payments" even though they are due c. 1 month later. 

Vacation expenses contributed almost c.50% to total expenses this month as I spent c. 2 weeks in Taiwan and booked some air tickets and hotels for Thailand next January. 

Food consumption under "Eating Out" is next on the list. This is remarkably lesser compared to records when I was employed granted most of that came from hawker centers and food courts instead of restaurants. That being said, I won't be able to claim S$500 to S$700 of monthly expenses from my old employer under this category anymore. 

Self Improvement comprises yoga classes and books. I've a monthly subscription to a yoga studio that allows for unlimited visits and that works out to be c S$144 a month. Bought a book from Book Depository as well. 

Transportation was basically a S$50 top up to my EZ Link and S$64 road tax for my motorcycle. 

And that's a distilled round up of my expenses in September 2018. 

2 comments:

  1. I know you didn't but don't put your current withdrawal % haha!

    It is interesting to see what you spend on. Really shows your values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I wish you a fruitful retirement journey.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete