Sunday 16 August 2020

Expenses - May 2020

 

Total - S$1,248.38

1st whole month of the circuit breaker and it shows in the expenses! 

Total expenses for May 2020 came up to S$1,248.38 and this was done in the context of living life pretty large during the circuit breaker phase, well... as large as living can be done at home. 

Largest category of expenses was Eating Out at S$542.04. I have to clarify that this was really doggy bagging food back for the family, ordering in, and sending food as "gifts" over to my partner who's staying with her parents. 

Second largest category was Self Improvement at S$246.24, as I spent S$240 attending a introduction to positive psychology course, which I found pretty interesting and helpful. 

Third largest category was Alcohol at S$175.80. I certainly stocked up sufficient amounts of beer and whiskey to tide me through the month. 

I spent about 32.1% of my monthly budget of S$4,000, which is very much an all time low during a time where I stayed solely in Singapore. And I was really happy during this period. This reinforces my belief that very little is required to have a good life, circuit breaker or not. 

In any case, I do hope you folks are tiding through these COVID-19 times in good stead. If you are facing problems, hang in there and fight the good fight. Do remember, anicca - it too, shall pass. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This goes to show how low the expenses one can keep to the minimum.
    There is no need for a large investment portfolio to generate the dividend to cover the expenses if one does not have the full-time employment.

    My two cents worth of views.

    WTK

    ReplyDelete